Monday, June 27, 2016

Fun Facts

Hello everybody!! Hope this email finds you all well and happy!! This week has been pretty good. Nothing super major happened, but it has been interesting...

Fun Fact #1: The UK is no longer part of Europe. They had a vote this past week to see whether they would remain or leave, and the decision was to leave. The Scottish people wanted to stay, so they aren't too happy about the decision. This will probably lead to another vote for Scottish independence. Not too sure if this will happen while I am still on my mission, but we will wait and see!

Fun Fact #2: The 25th of June marked Elder Cluster's Hump Day!! In celebration, we went to Lady Bay and he burned one of his shirts. I also burned a shirt and a tie for my 6 month and year mark that I missed. Looking forward to burning a pair of trousers to mark 18 months pretty soon!!

Fun Fact #3: We have a baptism this week!! Our two investigators, Emma and Rachael, will be getting baptised on Saturday. We are super excited for both of them. Emma asked me to baptise her, so I am really honoured to do that. What makes it an even cooler experience is that we are doing it in the ocean so that will be a once in a lifetime experience. Not too many missionaries can say they have done that!!!

Fun Fact #4: For P-day last week, Elder Cluster and I went to the Mull of Galloway. This is the most southern point of Scotland. Now I can say that I have been to the farthest north point (when I was in Thurso) and the farthest south. 

Fun Fact #5: This week is moves. I am pretty nervous, because we are pretty sure that Elder Cluster will be leaving since he has been here for 6 months. This means a new companion for Elder Wilson. I am excited to see what's going to happen, but also a bit sad. Elder Cluster has been a great companion, and it has been a pleasure to serve with him. 

Well, I think that is all the news I have for this week! Looking forward to a great week this week and some hopefully good news on Sunday for moves! Thank you all for your love and support! Love you all!! Stay awesome and keep moving forward!!

Elder Wilson

1) Mull of Galloway 2) Most northern point 3) Most southern point
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment