Monday, March 7, 2016

What a Blessing

This week has been amazing!!! But, I will start with the sad stuff first. After only 3 weeks of serving together, Elder Harker and I split up and he went off to Portadown in Northern Ireland, leaving me to get my new companion, Elder Corcran. Since Wednesday, we have been tearing it up in Dundalk!!

This past week, we got about 10 potentials, and have 3 appointments set up with new investigators! That is more than I think I have ever had on my entire mission at one time! We also got a new investigator named Peter. He has met with missionaries before, but had to stop after ending up in hospital after a Thai boxing fight (he hopes to go professional in it). If you don't know what Thai boxing is, look it up. It looks dangerous! Had a great lesson with him though, and he is super committed to coming to church next Sunday.

We also got a sick referral from some Elders in Dublin. They are teaching a man name Romain, but he is moving up to Dundalk this week, so they are handing him over to us. We met him last night at a new member fireside that the mission presidency put on, and he is super ready!! When someone asked him if he was a member, his response was "not yet"!! He is from France, and said that he would teach me French if I helped him with his English. Looks like I get to learn another language on my mission.

Yesterday at church, Clive was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. Our branch president did the ordination, but I got to stand in the circle. So cool! Clive came up to me after Sacrament meeting and said "Elder Wilson, when can I pass the sacrament?" I told him he can do it next week, which happens to be our branch conference. Going to be a really cool experience.

Basically this week has just been one blessing after another!! I can already see the miracles lining up to happen.

Prayer List
-Aileen Church and regular appointments
-O'Briens Church
-Peter Find answers
-Oussain, Penny, and Atilla (potentials) Hold appointments

Thank you all for your love and support! Love and miss you all! Stay awesome and keep moving forward!

Elder Wilson
1) Cruising through Dublin with Elder Charlesworth 2) Meet the new companion!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment