Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Emerald Isle

                                                                                                                  February 8, 2016
Well, this is me officially on the Emerald Isle. It was really fun traveling here (please note the sarcasm in my voice). I started traveling at 9 AM on Tuesday, and didn't actually get into my area until around 8 PM Wednesday. My modes of transportation included a car, a train, a bus, a ferry, another bus, and another car. Needless to say, I am ready to settle down and stay here for a bit.
Once I got to my area though, I didn't spend too much time there. On Saturday, we traveled back to Dublin for an All Ireland Conference with Elder Hallstrom, one of the presidents of the Quorum of the 70. He also spoke on Sunday at the Dublin Stake Conference. It is such an amazing experience to hear from God's chosen apostles. To all my friends in Scotland, I am sorry you have to read this paragraph and be jealous.
Dundalk seems great. We are actually teaching people, so that is really nice. First is Sheila and Clive. They are from Zimbabwe. She is in her 40's and he is 13. Libson is her husband and he is a recent convert. They are preparing for baptism on the 27th of this month.
Next is Aileen. She is super solid!! She is the most intelligent person I have ever met!! She could get baptised tomorrow if she wanted, but she is very busy with school and night classes so she is holding off for now. She knows what a commitment it is, and wants to give it 110%.
Then there are the O'briens (Susan, Danielle, and Paddy). I haven't met them yet, so I can't tell you too much. They are a member referral which are usually pretty solid. We will see what happens with them.
Overall, it seems like great things will happen! Elder Harker (my new comp from Canada) is great!! He is super chill and a hard worker! We are going to see miracles!
Prayer List
Sheila and Clive Prep for baptism on the 27th
Aileen Strength to give up smoking
O'briens Fully commit themselves
Thank you all for your support and love! It means a lot! Love and miss you all! Stay awesome and keep moving forward!
Sorry I haven't taken any pics of Ireland yet. I will make up for it next week!

--
--Elder Wilson
1) Loch Ness: home of the Loch Ness Monster 2) The last selfie with Elder Thueson :(
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment