Monday, February 1, 2016

Just My Luck

Well, after 6 more weeks in Thurso, we had another moves call last night. Here is the verdict:

Elder Thueson will be staying in Thurso and will be serving with Elder Kinville. I, however, will be leaving. After serving half my mission in Scotland, I finally get to see the Emerald Isle! That's right! Elder Wilson is headed to Ireland! I will be serving in a town called Dundalk which is about an hour outside of Dublin in the Republic of Ireland (if you didn't know, Ireland is actually two separate countries). My new companion is Elder Harker from Canada. I am really looking forward to finally getting to see the other half of my mission, but sad to say goodbye to Elder Thueson. It has been a grand 3 months with him. Who knew I would make some of my closest friends in another country? 

In other news, pretty cool checkpoint in my mission life yesterday. If I did my math correctly, yesterday marked one year until I will be back in the good ol' US of A! Only 365 days to go! It is crazy how fast the time has gone. It does not feel like I have been out as long as I have and experienced all of these incredible things. I would not trade them all for the world, and in the words of my friend Elder Thueson, there's no place I'd rather be!!

I wish I could write more, but I need to go pack and get ready to leave. I need to be in Edinburgh tomorrow night. I will then catch a bus Wednesday morning to Stranraer where we will catch the 3 hour ferry to Belfast. From there I will take another bus to Dublin, where I will meet with Elder Harker and head up to Dundalk in our car. Oh yeah, I still have a car. I am going to be so fat!

Prayer List
-Thurso this area is just going really slow and could use some blessings. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Love and miss you all! Stay awesome and keep moving forward!
 
--Elder Wilson
 
Dunnet Head-most northern point in mainland Britain

We built a fort in our living room!

fort Selfie!!!!!


 
                                             

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment