Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tis the Season to be Worldly

Hi everybody! So this weeks email will be a little bit shorter again due to shorter emailing time.
 
As some of you may have heard, this week was Christmas!!! For missionaries it truly is the most wonderful time of the year because it is the one time of the year we get to be in the world as well as a part of it! First off we get to skype home. We only get to do this twice a year, so it is a really special time. So much fun getting to talk with my parents and brother. I also got to see my puppy!!! The second reason Christmas is amazing is because we get to watch real movies. This year, we watched Minions, Toy Story 3, The Santa Clause, and some other movie that I can't remember the name of. We also got spoiled by members. Got some ribs and two traditional Christmas dinners (turkey, potatoes, desert, the whole shabang)! So much fun! And what's even better is we get to do it again for New Years. First movie on the list is Inside Out. Can't wait to watch it!

Well, now that I have gotten my fun side out of the way, let's get spiritual. My last companion was a really amazing writer and wrote a couple poems that he showed to me. Well, I decided to try my hand at it as well, and this was the finished product. I hope you like it! 

 Cast On Him
Elder Cody Wilson

"Come unto me...and I will give you rest"
These words were spoken by the very best.
I'm on my knees and with the strength I can bear
Begin to cast on Him my every care.

My trials and struggles, my sorrows and woes
The harder I pray, the more the pain goes.

He is perfect, the Son of a God,
yet He willingly walked the path I now trod.
He knows me just like I know my best friend
and by my side He will stay till the end.

I continue to speak, and the worries they fly
as I ponder in amazement that for me He did die.
How did He do it? Endure the pain of it all?
When through the problems I face, I can barely stand tall.

I finish my prayer, and utter amen.
Now it's time to face the world again.
The trial's still there, the struggles and woes,
but the path I now walk, I don't walk it alone.

He's by my side, sharing the load
as we trudge, step by step, down that endless road.
We walk together, with me on His right
for His yolk is easy, and His burden is light.

Prayer List
-David Grant
-Lee/Naomi/Theoden
-David
-Rebecca
-Rhona
-Donald

Thank you all for being amazing! And love and miss you tons! Stay awesome and keep moving forward. I will talk to you all in the new year! Happy 2016!!!

----Elder Wilson

1) How we are spending Christmas 2) Santa found me in Scotland 3) Mormon wine
How we are spending Christmas

Mormon wine

 MINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santa found me in Scotland!

Spreading Christmas cheer with cake mix cookies made by yours truly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment