Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Black Whole Year

January 4, 2016

HAPPY 2016 EVERYONE!!!! I hope all of you had a wonderful (and safe) New Years holiday. As of January 1st, my Black Whole Year has begun. Translating that into normal, everyday terms: it is my first full year in the mission field. Crazy how fast 2015 went by. I still feel like it was just yesterday I was getting on that first plane headed to the UK. Time is a funny thing. Funny story about something we did New Year's Day. Every year, a group of youth in Thurso branch have a tradition called a Splash and Dash. It is comparable to a Polar Bear Plunge if you have ever heard of that. Basically, you go and run into the ocean or a lake or something in the winter and completely submerse yourself. So, we went and watched the youth run into the North Sea and come out complaining that they couldn't feel their feet. It's times like these I am grateful for the missionary rule that we are not allowed to go swimming.

With the ending of 2015, like most others, I have had some time to reflect on the past year. Boy has a lot happened. For starters, I was in three different countries this past year. Started off in the good ol' US of A. Then I flew across the pond to England. 2 weeks later, I sat on a coach bus for who knows how long and went to Scotland. Who knows where I will be this year. The next thing I thought of is all the amazing friends I have made. This past year, I have had the privilege of serving with 5 amazing people who I am now proud to call my friends (hopefully they see it that way). I have met countless others in my 4 areas who have made such an impact on me, and who I am so glad to cross paths with. And finally, I thought of how much I have changed since coming on my mission. I have learned so many things about myself and who I am and how I can improve. I have really seen the person that I want to be when I go home. Most importantly, I have seen my testimony of this gospel and of my Saviour, Jesus Christ, increase and strengthen so much and I would not trade that for any experience in the world. 

Now, onto the week! Got to teach Theoden again. His baptismal date, unfortunately, has to be pushed back to the 23rd of this month in order for us to fit in all the lessons. Other than that, he is doing fantastic! Then there is David. We started teaching him the Big 3 lessons (Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, and Tithing) beginning with the Word of Wisdom. Lesson went great and he is perfectly on track for his date of January 30th. In terms of new investigators and all that jazz....seeing not so much success. We have been doing a lot of finding (if you want actual numbers, we knocked 109 doors this week), with not so much success, but we keep pressing forward. I know that if we are obedient and diligent, that the Lord will help us and bless us. This is His word after all.

Prayer List
-David Grant (investigator) Pray for church attendance
-Lee/Naomi/Theoden (less active/investigator) Pray for Church attendance
-Kevin/Rhona/Donald/William (potentials) Pray for sincere desires and return appointments

Thank you all for your love and support. Here is to an amazing new year! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Stay awesome! Keep moving forward!

--
--Elder Wilson

 
 
Ringing in the New Year

Dunnet Beach
 

No comments:

Post a Comment