Wednesday, June 10, 2015

On the Road Again...

Hey everyone! This week has been insane both physically and monetarily!!

We had so many meetings this week, both in Glasgow and Edinburgh, which meant a lot of travelling. 

To start off we had exchanges this week, so we had to travel to Glasgow to swap companions. I got to be in a trio for this exchange, so that was a little different, but also really fun! Wouldn't want to do it for an entire transfer though.

Next, we had a Scotland West Conference in Glasgow. This meeting included two zones (Paisley and Glasgow). Lots of good instruction there! I really enjoyed it because a lot of what was spoken about applied directly to what has been going on in my life and mind recently. I love those moments!! It was a kind of sad meeting as well, because it was probably the last time any of us got to speak with President and Sister Brown before they go home and we get a new president in July. Even though I have only had them as presidents for 3.5 months, they have done a lot for me, and I will miss them!

We also had an All Scotland Conference in Edinburgh this week. This was a really special conference because we had a special speaker. It was none other than Elder Jeffrey R. Holland!!!! Not only did he speak to us, but we also got to shake his hand!!!! I am never washing my right hand again!! He talked a lot about how we need to make the most of our missions, and continue our spiritual progression after we go home. My favorite thing he said was "Don't you dare leave this (meaning the Church) after you go home!!" It was super intense for everyone who was there!

And finally, we had stake conference in Glasgow this Sunday. It was a special broadcast from Ediburhg with Elder Holland (that's right, twice in a week)! He spoke about the Book of Mormon bore the most powerful testimony I have ever heard about the truthfulness of it! Not a meeting I will soon forget!!

In other news, we are still working hard to find people to find. Lots of door knocking and street contacting. Hopefully we start seeing the fruits of our labors soon! Hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you all! Stay awesome! Keep moving forward!

--
--Elder Wilson
 
Trio exchange with Elders Benton and Welch

Munchie boxes: so bad, but so good!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment