Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Accents and Language and Class, Oh My!


Today at 7:43 AM

1st week in the MTC complete!!! It has been fantastic being here and I am so stoked!! All of my classes are fantastic! My day starts at 6:30 and doesn't get over until 10:30, and literally every minute of the day is planned. We get to do two practice investigator lessons a day and those have helped me so much. The motto from Meet the Robinsons really helps me when it comes to those. Even if the lesson isn't going where you intended, just keep moving forward. The spirit knows what he's doing so just follow it. Not very much down time, but that's ok. It's just preparing for the next two years. I finally understand what everyone means when they talk about how strong the Spirit is. Hardly an hour goes by when I don't feel something. It is so amazing!! England is super awesome. Driving to the MTC from the airport was a little terrifying because everyone was driving on the left side of the road! Definitely going to take some getting used to. They also have an entirely new language here. For instance, crap and piss, are like swear words here. Never say them! They also have new words for things. The bathrooms are called the toilets, pants are trousers, dinner is tea. Who said I wasn't going foreign speaking? I only have 5 more days here in the MTC and then I am headed to Scotland and then I will get assigned to my first area. My companion here, Elder White, is also going to that mission. Of the group that is here, 9 of us are going to the Scotland/Ireland mission, 3 sisters and 6 elders. It's going to be good. The MTC is like a melting pot of cultures. There are people from America,Brazil, Portugal, France, Finland, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. It's so fun getting to here all about these other countries! Hope you all are doing well! Love and miss you all!
 
Stay awesome and keep moving forward!
--

--Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment