Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Reflections

May 9, 2016
Well, this week has been pretty slow and not very fruitful to be completely honest. We were able to find a couple of new people to teach (all of whom are friends of our recent convert Dayna), but the people we were already teaching seem to all be slipping. It has been very hard to get in contact with them, and when we do meet up, they just don't seem as willing to change as they did when this process started. Prayers for all of them would be greatly appreciated!!

In happier new, this week we had an All Scotland conference in Edinburgh!! It was an amazing spiritual feast and I learned so much! It was also really fun because I got to see many of my past companions: Elder Ensign (Motherwell), Elder Olsen (Dundee), Elder Scharman (Falkirk), Elder Thueson (Thurso), and Elder White (MTC). It was so great gettting to catch up with all of them, and I also got to say a real goodbye to Elder Ensign since he goes home at the end of this month. I have been blessed with some really amazing companions and am so grateful for all they have taught me!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and as such, we got to skype home!!!! It's nice getting to email my family every week, but nothing can replace actually talking to them. It's amazing how much you realize you miss them! 

One thing that happened during skype, was my mom asked me how I have changed since I have been on my mission, and this caused me to reflect on the last 15 months (hence the name of this email). I have grown so much! I feel like I have truly come to know my Saviour Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. My testimony has been strengthened in a way that only this kind of work can do. I have made some amazing life long friends and learned so much about who I am as a person and who I want to become. While it has in no way been easy, I would not trade this experience for the world!!

Prayer List
-Campbell
-Kevin
-James and Amy
-Tia
-Emma and Rachel
-Dayna

Thank you all for your love and support! It means so much to me! Stay awesome and keep moving forward! Love and miss you all!

Elder Wilson

1) A Heeland Coo (Scottish for Highland Cow) 2) Sheep taking shelter from the rain

 

No comments:

Post a Comment