Tuesday, November 10, 2015

On Top of the World

Hey all!! Sorry for the late email, but we had a super busy day yesterday, so we had to move emailing to today.

Well, we got our moves call on Sunday. Verdict is: I am leaving Falkirk. 

I am being moved to Thurso, which is the second most northern area in Scotland behind Lerwick. It actually snows there in the winter and gets really cold. Oh joy. Should feel just like home. We have a car (which is a major plus). I am also far enough north that I might get to see the northern lights. Sweet!! For 3 days out of every week, we catch a ferry to the Orkney Islands and do missionary work there. While we are there, we stay with the senior couple, Elder and Sister Reynolds. We also cover two branches: the one in Thurso, and the one on the Orkney Islands. Pretty cool!

The only downside to this area is that it is literally banishment. It takes us 2.5 hours to drive the nearest set of missionaries. Eew.

I will be serving with Elder Thueson. I don't know much about him, except that he is from Utah, and that he came out at the same time as Elder Scharman. 

So, I will officially be leaving Falkirk tomorrow at 5. I catch a train to Edinburgh and meet up with other missionaries heading that way. From there we catch a 3 hour train to Aberdeen, getting in at about 10 at night. I will spend the night at the zone leaders flat. On Thursday, we start the drive at 10 AM up to Thurso and will actually arrive at 4 in the afternoon. It will basically take me 24 hours to get there. How fun is that?!?!

I am really sad to be leaving Falkirk and Elder Scharman. Although it has been tough and stressful, I have learned a lot, both from the area and from Elder Scharman. I am also sad that I may not get to be here for Michael and Angela's baptism on the 28th. We are going to talk to President Donaldson and see if we can't get permission for me to drive down for it. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for all your prayers and support! They mean a lot!!

Prayer List
- Michael and Angela (investigators)
- Martin (investigator)
-Peter (less active)
- Andrew (less active
- Wilma, Demi, Alex (part member)

Stay awesome and keep moving forward!! Love and miss you all!! 

--
--Elder Wilson
 
It's only 4 o'clock?

Proselyting Selfie

How to make Elder Wilson trunky!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment