Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Testimony

Well....not gonna lie, but this week kind of sucked. Lots of stress induced by investigators, recent converts, and branch members. Can't really go into a lot of it, but it is slowly working itself out. One thing I can share is that Martin (our deaf investigator) came to church! Kerry, the branch member who knows BSL, interpreted for Sacrament and gospel principles, but she left us to fend for ourselves in priesthood. We didn't do horribly, but we eventually gave up and just started talking to him about random things. Whoops. He admitted that he didn't understand a lot, but he said he felt good and that's what matters most.

So this week we had Zone Interview Training, and one of the commitments was to share our testimony with our family. I figured since I can't write about a lot, I would just share it with all of you!

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church restored once again on the Earth. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God as a prophet to restore that church and translate the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the most correct book and any man can get closer to God by reading it and living by its principles. I love the Book of Mormon and the lessons it has taught me and the Spirit it brings into my life. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He performed the great, last sacrifice so that we can be forgiven of our sins and return to live with our Heavenly Father. This is not just a belief that I have, but a knowledge. I have received a spiritual witness from the Holy Ghost that all these things are true, and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Anyone who wishes to know these things can! They need only pray and ask God with a sincere heart and with real intent. God is our Heavenly Father, and He loves us more than we can ever comprehend. He wants us to return to live with Him, and He has shown us the pathway to do so! I love this church and the everlasting happiness it has brought me, and I want to share it with the world! That is why I am serving a mission! I say all these things in the name of our Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen!

Something new I wanted to try was to make a prayer list of people who could use some extra prayers. If you could please pray for them, that would be wonderful!

Prayer List-
1) Michael and Angela
2) Martin
3) Elaine
4) Andrew 
5) Mark

Thank you all so much for the love and support! Sorry for no pictures this week! I will do better! Have a great week! Love and miss you all! Stay awesome and keep moving forward!


--
--Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment