Wednesday, August 19, 2015

That Was Unexpected!

August 17, 2015

This week has been full of unexpected occurrences!! I shall only name a few because there were quite a bit! Don't worry, most of them are good!

First, we had another lesson with Nate! She is so flipping golden!!! Towards the beginning of our lesson with her, she mentioned that if she were to join any church, it would probably be ours, just because it all makes sense. She loves the principles and just the atmosphere of it all. At the end of the lesson, we asked her if she would like to be baptized. She said yes, but that she wanted to learn a little bit more and receive a witness of the Book of Mormon!! I knew that Nate was solid, but never could I have imagined that she would be this solid! I am so excited to see what happens as we continue to work with her!!!

Second, the Petries! We had another great lesson with them on Thursday where we taught them about tithing. It's always fun telling kids that part of being a member is giving some money to the church, but they were really accepting of it! The downside was they weren't at church yesterday. At this point, it is very important that they make it to church every week so that they can keep progressing towards their date and so that we can make sure that their less active parents are fully committed to helping them make and keep these covenants! We talked with them after church, and they said that they had let the  Bishop know why they weren't able to make it. For now, they are still on track to make their September 6th baptismal date!!

Third, and most crazy of them all!!! Transfers! Not what I was expecting at all! I have only been in Dundee for one transfer and I am......leaving!! Elder Olsen is going to be a district trainer, which means for the second time in a row, I get booted out to make room for a greenie. I will be moving to Falkirk where my new companion will be Elder Scharman. But that's not all! We will be whitewashing Falkirk. Definition of whitewashing: two missionaries are brand new to the area and have to basically start from scratch. Needless to say, I am a little terrified! I thought leading out an area was bad, but now I have to go to a brand new area with a companion who hasn't even been there before! No pressure! But, I know that with the Lord's help, I will be able to do this! It won't be easy, but it can be done! Plus, I got my wish of serving in a branch! Yay!!

That pretty much sums up the week in 3 convenient points! Next time I email will be from a brand new area with some brand new adventures! Thank you all for being awesome!

Stay awesome! Keep moving forward!

Elder Wilson
Ain't it pretty!

Finally found a deep fried Mars bar!

I can taste the diabetes!



No comments:

Post a Comment