Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Here's The Low Down

Well, I have officially left my area of birth and am now in Dundee! I have been here for 5 days, and I am loving it! So many good things to talk about.

First of all, the scenery! When I got my call to Scotland/Ireland, I pictured rolling hills, clear rivers, and lots of green. That is exactly what I am getting here! Dundee sits right on the River Tay and there is no lack of rolling hills. It is beautiful! Prepare yourself for some sweet pictures!!

Second, the companion. Elder Olsen has been out for 3 months and is already District Leader. Kind of a boss! He is from Denmark so I am hoping to learn a little bit of Danish from him as well. Should be exciting!

Third, the Work. I will actually get to teach people this transfer!!! Here is a list of the people we are working with.

The Petrie Family: The Petries are a less active with 12 kids. Yes, 12!! The oldest 5 are not baptised, so we are teaching them. They are wonderful!

The Thompson Family: Amy (the mom) was just baptised last week, and we are now going to teach her husband, Chris, and 9 year old son, Finley.

Ian: He's about 60 years old. He just lost his wife, but loves learning about the church. Once we fix some minor word of wisdom issues, we will be good!

Reece: He is a foster child of one of the members. He is 14 and wants to be baptised! Just have to finish the discussions and then get permission from a social worker.

Rachel: Rachel just got married to a member from the ward. Haven't met her yet.

Those are the only people that I really know about. Some good things are going to happen this transfer, I can feel it!!

And finally, the ward! The Dundee 2nd Ward is awesome!! They love the missionaries and missionary work!! You can check out our meal calendar for proof! This week, we are being fed 6 out of the 7 days! HOLLA!!  This ward has a ton of families as well, and they are not small. The Bishop has 10 kids. There is another family (the Hanns) who have 14!! They have a tv show about them. You get the picture!

Basically, Dundee is the 2nd Promised Land (behind Dublin)! I am really looking forward to this transfer! Should be super exciting! Thank you for all your prayers and support!

Stay awesome! Keep moving forward!
Love and miss you all!

--
--Elder Wilson
1) Dundee has a Disney Store!!! 2) View of Dundee
 Dundee has a Disney Store!!!

View of Dundee

Rolling Hills

Project Pie - A build-your-own pizza place
 

No comments:

Post a Comment