Wednesday, April 8, 2015

General Conference and Kababtism

Hey all!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and general conference weekend!
 
Quick investigator update: Gary (the new investigator from a couple weeks ago) dropped us after one lesson. We called to confirm our appointment and he said that he just needed to clear his head. We have the feeling it was because of our Bishop (he was our joint teach). He just kind of dumped the gospel on Gary and brought up some pretty deep doctrine. It wasn't good, and Elder Blaylock and I totally lost control of the lesson. As for Stuart, he's doing alright. Everytime we resolve one concern, he brings up two more. It's going to be a long process, but he will get there eventually.

So this weekend was general conference and it was super good!! I definitely learned a lot! Plus, I got to watch the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions live. The only down side was I didn't get to watch the Sunday afternoon session. Hopefully I get the chance later on this week. Nobody spoil it for me!

So, you are all probably wondering what a kebabtism is. Well, I will tell you! A kebab is a type of food they have here in Scotland. I have attached a picture so you can see what it is. A tradition here in the Scotland/Ireland mission (SIM) is called a kebabtism and receiving the gift of the holy Coke. Sacreligious: yes, but it happens anyway. To get kebabtised and receive the holy Coke, you get the biggest kebab you can buy and the largest Coke, and eat all of it in one sitting with your hands. It's all good fun. Everone was telling me about the awful side effects that come from it like dry mouth, itchy skin, bad dreams (also called kebab dreams), and stuff like that. Naturally I was terrified! However, I experienced none of these symptoms. Some people were pretty upset and confused as to why I didn't. I'm just that awesome, I guess. 
 
Hope you all have a great week! I love hearing from you all, and I miss you all bunches!!

Stay awesome! Keep moving forward!

--Elder Wilson
 
The TARDIS is in Scotland!

"Kababtism"

Kebab
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment